How to Make:
- Heat half the oil in a large, deep frying pan over high heat. Cook chicken, in batches, for 5 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat remaining oil in pan. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until softened. Add paprika and flour. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add wine. Bring to the boil. Cook for 2 minutes or until slightly reduced. Return chicken and juices to pan.
- Add stock, tomato, mushroom, bay leaves and 4 thyme sprigs. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Remove and discard bay leaves and thyme sprigs. Remove leaves from remaining thyme sprig. Sprinkle over casserole. Serve with mashed potato.
Time for preparing:60 min. PT60M
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1kg mixed chicken pieces
- 1 large brown onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 200g button mushrooms, halved
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 5 fresh thyme sprigs
- Mashed potato, to serve "