How to Make:
- Preheat grill on high. Cook the combined capsicum, skin-side up, under grill for 6-8 mins or until charred and blistered. Transfer to a heatproof bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside for 10 mins (this helps lift the skin). Peel.
- Preheat a barbecue grill or chargrill on medium. Brush zucchini, eggplant and pumpkin with the oil. Cook zucchini and eggplant, in batches, for 1-2 mins each side or until lightly charred and tender. Transfer to a bowl. Cook pumpkin for 2 mins each side or until tender. Transfer to the bowl. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, to make the rocket pesto, process the rocket, basil, pine nuts, parmesan and garlic in a food processor until finely chopped. With the motor running, add the oil in a thin, steady stream until well combined.
- Use a small serrated knife to cut the top third from each roll. Reserve the tops. Scoop out the bread, leaving a 1cm-thick shell. Spread the inside of each roll with the pesto. Arrange the capsicum, zucchini, eggplant, pumpkin, salami and brie, in layers, in the rolls. Spread cut-side of roll tops with pesto and place on top. Press down firmly.
- Place rolls on a baking tray. Top with another tray. Place cans on top. Place in the fridge overnight to compress the filling and develop the flavours.
- Preheat oven to 200C. Uncover the rolls and bake on the tray for 10 mins or until crisp and golden brown. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Time for preparing:30 min. PT30M
- 1 red capsicum, seeded, quartered
- 1 yellow capsicum, seeded, quartered
- 1 large zucchini, ends trimmed, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1/2 eggplant, thinly sliced
- 200g butternut pumpkin, peeled, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 Coles Bakery Kaiser rolls
- 4 slices mild salami
- 100g brie, thinly sliced
- Rocket pesto
- 60g baby rocket leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup (40g) pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup (20g) finely grated parmesan
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil "