How to Make:
- Heat a large heavy pot over medium-high heat. Add the oil and laksa paste and saute for 8-10 mins or until the mixture is fragrant and caramelising on the base of the pot. Whisk in 2 1/2 cups (625ml) of water, coconut milk and 1 tablespoon fish sauce. Bring to a simmer. Add the whole chicken, breast-side up, and lime leaves, if desired. Cover and simmer for 50-55 mins or until chicken is cooked through.
- Carefully transfer chicken to a large plate. Set aside for 10 mins to cool. Remove chicken meat from bones, discarding skin, bones and cartilage, and coarsely shred the meat.
- Meanwhile, strain the poaching liquid through a fine-mesh sieve, pressing as much liquid through as possible. Discard solids. Return the poaching liquid to the pot and bring to a simmer. Add pumpkin and simmer for 10 mins or until pumpkin is tender. Add chicken meat to pot for 5 mins or until heated through. Season laksa with remaining fish sauce and salt.
- Divide noodles among bowls. Ladle over laksa and serve with chilli, coriander and lime wedges.
Time for preparing:70 min. PT70M
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 quantity Laksa Paste ?(see notes below)
- 2 x 400ml cans coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce, divided
- 2.3kg Coles RSPCA Approved Whole Extra Large Chicken
- 4 kaffir lime leaves (optional)
- 1/4 butternut pumpkin (about 350g), peeled, cut into 2.5cm chunks
- 200g thin vermicelli rice noodles, cooked
- 1 long red chilli, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
- Lime wedges, to serve "