How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 250°C. Position a rack on the top shelf in the oven. Brush four 250ml (9.5cm diameter) ramekins with a little melted butter to grease. Use the base of one of the ramekins as a guide to cut out 4 discs from the pastry. Place discs on a plate and place in the fridge until required.
- Place an apple half, cut-side up, in the base of each ramekin. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of the sugar over each apple and drizzle each with 1 tablespoon of the remaining melted butter.
- Place the ramekins on a baking tray and bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until bubbling and the sugar begins to caramelise. Remove from oven. Reduce oven temperature to 230°C.
- Place a disc of puff pastry over each ramekin. Use a spoon to press the pastry down over the apple to completely cover. Return to oven and bake, for a further 6-7 minutes or until the pastry is crisp and golden.
- Remove the ramekins from oven and turn the apple tarte tatins out onto serving plates. Drizzle with any caramel in ramekins. Add a dollop of cream and serve immediately.
Time for preparing:22 min. PT22M
- 80g butter, melted
- 1 (25 x 25cm) frozen sheet butter puff pastry, thawed
- 2 (about 180g each) small Jonathan apples, cored, halved
- 160g (2/3 cup) caster sugar
- 250ml (1 cup) thin cream, whipped "