How to Make:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line 2 trays with baking paper. Trim spinach stalks, and wash and chop the leaves. Shake off excess water and set aside.
- Heat oil in a frypan over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes until softened. Transfer to a bowl. Add spinach and garlic to the pan and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until the spinach has just wilted. Transfer to a sieve and press spinach against the sides to remove excess water. Cool.
- Cut a 22cm circle from each pastry sheet and place on trays. Spread spinach in the centre of each pastry circle, leaving a 2.5cm border. Sprinkle with the feta, then scatter over the onion mixture, olives and pine nuts. Fold the pastry border in over the filling, overlapping as you go to form a neat ring. Brush the edges of the pastry with beaten egg, then bake for 10-12 minutes until the tarts are golden and cooked through. Serve warm, with green salad if desired.
Time for preparing:18 min. PT18M
- 1 large bunch English spinach, trimmed, leaves chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 sheets shortcrust pastry, thawed
- 100g marinated feta (see note), drained, crumbled
- 16 pitted kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 1 egg, beaten "