How to Make:
- To make the marinade, whisk together all the ingredients in a jug.
- Place chicken in a large glass or ceramic dish. Pour over marinade. Turn to coat. Set aside at room temperature for 1 hour to marinate.
- Preheat an enclosed barbecue on medium-low. Line a baking dish with baking paper. Remove chicken from marinade, reserving marinade. Drizzle chicken with olive oil and season. Grill, skin-side up, for 10 minutes. Turn and grill, skin-side down, for 6 minutes. Transfer chicken, skin-side up, to prepared dish.
- Reduce heat to low. Place dish on barbecue. Cook, with hood closed, for 10 minutes. Use a pastry brush to lightly baste with reserved marinade. Cook, covered, for a further 15 minutes or until cooked through. Set aside, covered, for 10 minutes to rest. Halve the chicken.
- Meanwhile, to make salad, cook noodles in a large saucepan of boiling water following packet directions, adding edamame in last minute of cooking. Drain. Refresh under cold running water. Drain.
- Combine the noodles, edamame, carrot and shallot in a large serving dish. Place sesame seeds in a mortar and pound with a pestle until lightly crushed. Add the tamari, mirin, vinegar and sesame oil to mortar. Stir to combine. Arrange chicken on top of salad and pour over dressing to serve.
Time for preparing:45 min. PT45M
- 1.6kg butterflied whole chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil Miso marinade
- 1 orange, 4 zest strips removed, juiced
- 2 1/2 tablespoons white miso paste
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 long fresh red chilli, halved lengthways Soba noodle salad
- 180g soba noodles
- 145g (1 cup) podded frozen edamame, thawed
- 2 large carrots, peeled, shredded
- 3 green shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mixed or white sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tamari
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mirin
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil