How to Make:
- To make marinade, combine wine, vinegar, garlic, cumin and paprika in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- To butterfly spatchcocks, using a knife or poultry shears, cut down either side of the backbones and discard. Coat spatchcocks in marinade, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 4 hours.
- Meanwhile, to make aji verdi, trim roots and 10cm from coriander stems and discard. Puree the remaining coriander and ingredients with 1/2 teaspoon salt in a food processor. Set aside until needed or in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Makes 1 1/4 cups.
- Preheat a barbecue to low–medium. Brush spatchcocks with oil and cook, skin-side down, for 7 minutes. Turn over and cook for a further 7 minutes or until cooked through. Rest, loosely covered with foil, for 5 minutes.
- Serve spatchcocks with sauce and fries.
Time for preparing:15 min. PT15M
- 60ml (1/4 cup) dry white wine
- 60ml (1/4 cup) white wine vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 4 x 500g spatchcocks
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Vegetable fries, to serve (see note) Aji Verde
- 1 bunch coriander
- 2 cloves garlic, halved
- 2 jalapenos, (see note) halved, seeded
- 2 spring onions, roughly chopped
- 4 cos lettuce leaves, torn
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 avocado, chopped
- 75g (1/4 cup) mayonnaise
Coriander, cumin and ginger marinated chicken
Balsamic vinegar chicken
Chicken skewers with Moroccan-style marinade
Lemon and garlic grilled spatchcocks
Prawn skewers with green apple and herb salad
Spatchcocks with brussels sprout & sausage stuffing
Salmon & lentils with avocado & chermoula salad