Recipe: Beef and mushroom soy and ginger skewersBarbecue recipes
How to Make:
- Thread steak and mushrooms onto skewers. Place in a large, shallow glass or ceramic dish. Combine ginger, garlic, oil, 1/4 cup mirin and 1/4 cup soy sauce in a jug. Drizzle over skewers. Turn to coat. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours, if time permits.
- Heat a greased barbecue plate or chargrill on medium-high heat. Cook skewers, turning, for 6 to 8 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover loosely with foil. Set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles in a large saucepan of boiling water, following packet directions until tender. Drain. Place in a bowl. Add onion, carrot, cucumber and avocado. Whisk sesame oil, sugar and remaining mirin and soy sauce in a bowl. Add to noodle mixture. Toss to combine. Serve noodle mixture with skewers.
Time for preparing:20 min. PT20M
- 600g beef rump steak, trimmed, cut into 2cm pieces
- 200g button mushrooms, halved
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1/3 cup mirin (Japanese rice wine)
- 1/3 cup salt-reduced soy sauce
- 270g packet Hakubaku Organic Ramen Noodles
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 small carrot, peeled, grated
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, deseeded, grated
- 1 small avocado, finely diced
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar