Recipe: Green tea beef yakitori with Japanese seasoned riceBarbecue recipes
How to Make:
- Place the soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce, lemongrass, chilli oil, green tea, ginger and coriander in a large bowl. Add beef, stirring to coat, then place in the fridge to marinate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Place 12 small wooden skewers in a bowl of cold water and allow to soak for 1 hour.
- Cook the rice according to the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, preheat a barbecue or chargrill pan over medium-high heat.
- Drain the beef, then thread onto the soaked skewers. Chargrill the beef, turning, for 3-4 minutes for rare or until cooked to your liking. Rest, loosely covered with foil, for 2-3 minutes.
- Toss the cooked rice with the furikake seasoning. Serve the beef skewers with seasoned rice, pickled ginger and mizuna.
Time for preparing:15 min. PT15M
- 1/3 cup (80ml) light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 2 lemongrass stems (inner core only), grated
- 1 teaspoon chilli oil (see note)
- 2 teaspoons loose-leaf green tea
- 1cm piece ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves
- 600g beef fillet steak, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 1/2 cups (300g) jasmine rice
- 1/4 cup Japanese furikake seasoning (see note)
- Pickled ginger (see note), to serve
- Mizuna (see note), to serve
Vietnamese beef skewers with vermicelli salad
Honey-soy beef skewers with stir-fried Asian greens
Barbecued beef skewers with yellow curry sauce
Mongolian-style beef skewers
Sweet chilli coconut skewers
Beef and zucchini skewers with fried rice
Beef yakitori skewers
Beef and mushroom soy and ginger skewers