Recipe: Chicken and vegetable yakitoriBarbecue recipes
How to Make:
- Place the soy sauce, mirin, sugar, vinegar and ginger in a medium glass or ceramic bowl and stir until the sugar dissolves. Reserve half the soy sauce mixture. Add the chicken to the remaining soy sauce mixture and stir to combine. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 4 hours to marinate.
- Drain the chicken from the marinade. Thread the chicken, capsicum, shallot, mushrooms and eggplant onto the skewers.
- Preheat a barbecue grill or chargrill on medium. Add the skewers and cook, turning occasionally, for 15 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, place the reserved soy sauce mixture in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to the boil. Simmer for 2 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Place the skewers on a serving platter. Serve with the sauce.
Time for preparing:15 min. PT15M
- 80ml (1/3 cup) soy sauce
- 80ml (1/3 cup) mirin (rice wine)
- 55g (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1.3kg chicken thigh fillets, fat trimmed, cut into 3cm pieces
- 2 medium red capsicums, halved, deseeded, cut into 3cm pieces
- 8 shallots, pale section only, cut into 4cm lengths
- 10 (about 100g) fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 3 Lebanese (slender) eggplant, cut into 2cm-thick slices