How to Make:
- Soak skewers in a shallow dish of cold water for 30 minutes. Drain.
- Peel and devein prawns, leaving tails intact. Combine oil, paprika, chilli powder, garam masala, turmeric, coriander, salt, ginger and garlic in a glass or ceramic bowl. Add prawns. Toss to coat. Cover. Refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours, if time permits.
- Thread 3 prawns onto each skewer. Preheat a chargrill or barbecue grill on high heat. Reduce heat to medium.
- Cook skewers for 4 minutes, turning occasionally, or until cooked through. Serve skewers with rice, yoghurt, pappadums and lemon wedges.
Time for preparing:4 min. PT4M
- 36 medium king prawns
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2cm piece ginger, peeled, grated
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 1/2 cups steamed Basmati rice
- 1/3 cup thick natural yoghurt
- 8 pappadums
- Lemon wedges, to serve