How to Make:
- Remove thick outer layers from lemongrass. Cut stalks into four 5cm lengths. Cut each piece in half lengthways.
- Juice 1 lime. Combine lime juice, chilli, garlic, ginger, fish sauce and oil in a bowl.
- Thread 1 prawn onto 1 skewer, piercing tail and top. Thread 1 piece lemongrass onto skewer. Repeat with another prawn and piece of lemongrass. Repeat with remaining skewers, prawns and lemongrass. Brush skewers with marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Make rice noodle salad: Soak noodles in a bowl of warm water for 5 minutes or until soft. Drain and return to bowl. Add carrot, cucumber, capsicum and mint. Toss to combine.
- Preheat a barbecue plate or grill on high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high. Barbecue skewers for 1 to 2 minutes each side or until prawns are cooked.
- Cut remaining lime into wedges. Serve skewers with lime wedges and noodle salad.
Time for preparing:5 min. PT5M
- 6 large stalks lemongrass, trimmed
- 2 limes
- 1 large red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3cm piece ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 24 green king prawns, peeled, deveined, tails intact Rice noodle salad
- 125g rice stick noodles
- 1 carrot, peeled, cut into thin strips
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, cut into thin strips
- 1 red capsicum, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
Pork and prawn lemongrass skewers
Vietnamese beef skewers with vermicelli salad
Sticky sweet soy and lemongrass prawn skewers
Prawn and chorizo skewers with mango salsa
Red curry prawn skewers
Lemongrass chicken skewers
Prawn & lemongrass 'lollipops' with sweet chilli & lime sauce
Rockmelon, prawn and cucumber bites