Recipe: Oregano lamb skewers with Mediterranean saladBarbecue recipes
How to Make:
- Thread lamb onto skewers. Combine pepper, lemon rind, 1/4 cup lemon juice, and 1/4 cup oregano in a shallow glass or ceramic dish. Add skewers to dish. Turn to coat. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine cucumber, capsicum, onion, tomato and olives in a bowl. Add oil and remaining lemon juice to bowl. Toss to combine.
- Spray a barbecue plate or chargrill with oil. Heat over medium-high heat. Cook skewers for 3 to 4 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Arrange skewers and salad on plates. Top with remaining oregano. Serve with bread.
Time for preparing:8 min. PT8M
- 500g lamb leg steaks, trimmed, cubed
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 3 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup fresh oregano leaves
- 1 telegraph cucumber, peeled, halved, sliced
- 1 large green capsicum, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 400g grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- olive oil cooking spray
- 4 wholemeal pita breads