How to Make:
- Combine garlic, chilli, cumin, paprika, sugar, lemon rind and juice, oil, tequila (if using) and 1 tablespoon coriander in a large bowl. Add prawns. Toss to coat. Cover. Refrigerate for 20 minutes to allow avours to develop.
- Place rice in a medium saucepan. Stir in coconut milk and 1 1/4 cups cold water. Bring to the boil over high heat. Stir. Cover. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 10 to 12 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, thread 1 prawn, 1 lemon slice folded in half, followed by another prawn onto a skewer. Repeat to make 8 skewers. Heat a greased barbecue hotplate on medium-high heat. Cook skewers, turning occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until prawns are just cooked through.
- Add remaining coriander to rice. Season with salt and pepper. Fluff with a fork to separate grains. Sprinkle skewers with extra chilli and coriander leaves. Serve with coconut rice and lemon wedges.
Time for preparing:25 min. PT25M
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 fresh jalapeno chilli, finely chopped plus extra, sliced, to serve
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tequila (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander, plus extra leaves to serve
- 16 large green king prawns, peeled, deveined (tails intact)
- 1 1/2 cups white long-grain rice, rinsed, drained
- 270ml can light coconut milk
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- Lemon wedges, to serve