How to Make:
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Heat a large, shallow flameproof casserole dish over medium-high heat. Rub oil over chicken. Season. Cook the chicken, in batches, for 3 minutes each side or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Add onion to the pan. Cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a bowl. Add capsicum to the pan. Cook, stirring, for 4 minutes. Add the chorizo and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until aromatic. Stir in the rice and paprika until coated. Stir in tomato paste for 1 minute. Add onion, tomato and wine and simmer for 2 minutes. Stir in the stock, bay leaves and thyme. Bring to a simmer. Season.
- Spread chicken pieces over top of the rice mixture. Top with olives and lemon wedges. Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Sprinkle with baby herbs.
Time for preparing:70 min. PT70M
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1.6kg whole chicken, cut into 6-8 pieces (see Notes)
- 6 small pickling onions, peeled, halved
- 2 large red capsicum, deseeded, cut into thick strips
- 130g chorizo, cut into 1cm slices
- 4 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 200g (1 cup) brown basmati rice, washed, drained
- 1 teaspoon hot smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 30g sun-dried tomatoes, cut into 5mm slices
- 250ml (1 cup) dry white wine
- 500ml (2 cups) Massel salt reduced chicken style liquid stock
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- 8 fresh lemon thyme sprigs, leaves picked
- 150g Sicilian green olives
- 1 lemon, cut into 8 wedges
- Baby herbs, to serve