How to Make:
- Place chicken in a large glass or plastic bowl. Pour over buttermilk and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 180C or 160C fan. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Combine flour, baking powder and paprika in a large, shallow dish. Season well. Add chicken, in batches, and toss to coat well. Fry chicken pieces in batches for 3-4 mins, turning, until golden. Transfer to prepared tray and bake in the oven for 20 mins, until cooked through. Serve with lemon wedges.
Time for preparing:15 min. PT15M
- 1kg chicken wing nibbles
- 500ml buttermilk
- 2 cups vegetable oil, for deep frying
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon mild paprika
- Lemon wedges, to serve